The 2017 Links Players Magazine is slated for a February 1 release, and we’re starting to build another great lineup. As always, our stories show how one’s faith is threaded into their career and their life. Here’s who has committed so far:
– Navy man Billy Hurley III, who won his first PGA Tour event in 2016, talks about the discipline involved in his career and the loss of his father to suicide.
– Masters legend Larry Mize looks back on his winning shot 30 years later and considers the blessings of God through a long career.
– 2016 Barbasol Championship winner Aaron Baddeley tells us what it means to balance a busy career with the work of being daddy to four young children.
– Vibrant 25-year-old Amelia Lewis, who splits time between the LPGA and Ladies European tours, reveals the countries she’s fallen in love with, why she’s so excited about girls golf, and how God sustains her in the midst of her busy career.
– Umpire Sam Holbrook worked home plate in Game 7 of the 2016 World Series, one of the greatest games in baseball history. He talks with us about nerves, camaraderie, and faith.
– PGATour.com’s Sean Martin played his college golf on the small stage, but now he writes for the biggest website in the game. You’ll get an idea of how he’s still got his eye on the little guy.
ACCOMPANYING SIX-LESSON BIBLE STUDY HERE
LINKS FELLOWSHIPS are more than 100 local gatherings of men, women, or men and women together who share a common love of golf. Fellowships come in all sizes and are involved in Bible study, social and sports activities, and community outreach for compassion and expression of the Good News of Jesus. The Fellowships are started and supported locally, while Links Players provides regional leadership, resources for study and a network for communication among the many groups.
LOCAL FELLOWSHIPS: Alabama – Alaska – Arizona – Arkansas – California – Colorado – Connecticut – Delaware – Florida – Georgia – Hawaii – Idaho – Illinois – Indiana – Iowa – Kansas – Kentucky – Louisiana – Maine – Maryland – Massachusetts – Michigan – Minnesota – Mississippi – Missouri – Montana – Nebraska – Nevada – New Hampshire – New Jersey – New Mexico – New York – North Carolina – North Dakota – Ohio – Oklahoma – Oregon – Pennsylvania – Rhode Island – South Carolina – South Dakota – Tennessee – Texas – Utah – Vermont – Virginia – Washington – West Virginia – Wisconsin – Wyoming
Throughout the United States, men and women with golf in common are discovering that there are things much more valuable to be shared in life than stories of birdies and bogeys. At the same time, they are comfortable among their golfing friends, and enjoy spending time with these people. In Links Fellowships, golf meets life. Men and women open the Bible together, studying the essential matters of Scripture. They pray for one another, rejoicing in God’s amazing answers. They challenge one another to live more completely for Christ. And they reach out to those outside their Fellowship, offering the Good News of Jesus and the ministry of reconciliation between us and God. Click Here to learn more
The Links Daily Devotional digs into matters of walking with Jesus each day, drawing from specific biblical passages and employing illustrations that make sense to golfers. We provide these devotions by email Monday through Friday, 51 weeks per year (no devotions between Christmas and New Year’s Day). Each Friday’s devotion includes an accompanying pdf Bible study.
In golf and in life, we are fortified by learning. In our Learners section, a wide set of resources allows you to choose what is best for you or your Fellowship right now as you become more knowledgeable in your faith.
Interviews and insights for golfers.
Topical studies that survey the Bible and meaningful questions for discussion.
Recommendations for furthering your learning with more print and web resources.
LINKS PLAYERS INTERNATIONAL • 800-90-LINKS • 755 N Peach Avenue, Suite E11, Clovis CA 93611 • firstname.lastname@example.org